After the euphoria of the weekend, things have gone quite quiet as the transfer window approaches, however, it’s hoped that we will get rid of Cattermole, N’dong and Djilobodji and bring in, at least, another striker.
Meanwhile, Managing Director Tony Davison, has thanked fans for the amazing atmosphere they created against Charlton and also the patience they showed when the turnstiles failed and delayed entry. Davison said: “Saturday was a fantastic day for everyone and we would like to say a huge thank you to our fans, who turned out in incredible numbers to support the team. The atmosphere was absolutely electric. The noise level, especially as our second goal went in, reinforced just what an incredible asset our home fans are to the team. We acknowledge that we encountered a few operational issues on the day, and naturally we are very sorry that some fans were late getting into the ground or experienced lengthy queues for refreshments. I can assure everyone that we are working hard to resolve these teething troubles ahead of the next game and we appreciate the patience and good humour that fans showed as we worked to fix the problems. We are looking forward to seeing everyone again at our next two home games against Sheffield Wednesday in the Carabao Cup and the league game against Scunthorpe United.”
SAFC also issued the following advice to those who experienced problems accessing the stadium. “Season card holders who may have experienced issues gaining entry to the stadium are kindly asked to contact the ticket office as soon as possible to resolve the matter. A number of issues were encountered, including supporters mistakenly using old season cards or the wrong cards and also the electronic chips on some cards failing to register at the turnstiles. Any season card holder who had a problem with their season card should contact the ticket office well in advance of the next home game and the staff will rectify the issue. Supporters are strongly advised not leave it until the day of the game to address the issue as this may result in entry being delayed once again.”
In other news, under-18s coach Michael Proctor, is happy with his lads after their 4-0 win over Hull City. “Pre-season so far for the under-18s has been mainly getting the new scholars used to the daily demands,” he said. “It is a big change for them from being at school and in the under-16s, so we’ve been busy integrating them into the group and the second years have been great with them. Already there are signs of togetherness which was a huge plus last season. The lads brought into what we wanted to achieve and the culture here at the academy. At the minute the lads aren’t too far away from where we want them to be. They have had a really tough couple of weeks because we have tested them mentality and pushed them to their physical limits. There will be times this season when they need to find that reserve and be mentally strong. We are starting to see the shoots of progression and we are starting to see good performances, but most importantly pre-season so far has been a good work out and the fitness levels are getting to where we want them to be ready for the start of the season.”